372 Paine Turnpike North, Berlin, VT 05602 Phone: 802-223-2796 Fax: 802-229-0222
CLICK HERE TO FIND THE BUS ROUTES FOR THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
If you need assistance over the summer: Contact Lori Renaud, Admin Asst. to the Principal @ 802-223-5249 ext 2115 or email her @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Construction at BES!
This will be a very exciting summer break at Berlin Elementary School. Our contractors are primed and ready to completely renovate our beloved 50 year old school. The transformation will begin Friday as soon as the kids are out of the building. Asbestos removal, floors, ceilings, lighting, plumbing, ventilation, security, ADA compliance and more are on the project plan. It’s a lot to get done in a few short months so the schedule is tight. We have been impressed by the organization and project management of general contractor Neagley & Chase thus far. They have been great to work with and are pushing hard to get as much done as we can before we re-open in August!
A few things to note for the summer:
- The school and parking lot will be closed to public access. This is a construction zone / hardhat area and no one will be allowed inside or near the school during the renovation.
- The playground and fields will be open! The school and parking lot will be closed off with safety fencing but you will be able to park on the lawn near the entrance to access the garden, playground and fields. Look for the designated parking signs.
- The school office will be off site during construction. Lori will be temporarily located at Rumney School in Middlesex, so please call or email to reach her: 802-223-5429 EXT 2115 or email at email@example.com.
- Registration packets for new students will be available to pick up at the Town Clerk’s Office. Fill them out and mail them to Lori’s attention at Rumney: 433 Shady Rill Road, Middlesex, VT 05602. Please do not return them to the Town Clerk’s Office.
- We will do our best to complete the project for the first day of school, but….there is so much work to be done that if anything unexpected arises (and it usually does), we may have some things to finish up on the nights and weekends after school opens.
- The first days of school may be a bit chaotic. More than usual, I should say. Because of the construction, teachers and staff will have less time in their classrooms before school starts. This will require some patience and flexibility from all of us.
- Follow the progress! Look for updates by email, on Front Porch Forum and also online at besrenovation.com and the Friends of BES Facebook page.
Thank you again to the Berlin community for supporting these much-needed improvements and this investment in one of our Town’s greatest assets. Have a great summer!
Chris Winters, School Board Member
We are almost there Berlin Families!!!! The building is looking fantastic and it will be an exciting start to the new school year! Be Safe, Be Respectful & Be Ready to learn in just a couple more weeks!!!