U-32 has a one-to-one ChromeBook program for all students in grades (7-12). Students are issued a ChromeBooks available for use in school and at home.
Helpful links for parents, students and staff:
• U-32's ACCEPTABLE USE OF ELECTRONIC RESOURCES AND THE INTERNET policy
• U-32's Student Parent Handbook
• Suggested template if parents would like to create a Parent/Student Chromebook/Digital Citizenship Home Use Agreement
• Digital Citizenship: Digital Citizenship is a concept which helps teachers, technology leaders and parents to understand what students/children/technology users should know to use technology appropriately.
• iKeepsafe: You can help your child become a responsible, ethical digital citizen with healthy online relationships. To do that, you'll use the same successful parenting skills that you're already using at home. Resilient digital citizens recognize and seek out the 3Cs—appropriate contact, content, and conduct—in all digital settings (e.g., iPods, instant messaging, chat, computer games, game consoles, cell phones, text messaging, webcams).
• Open DNS Parental control solutions: Make changes to your wireless router at home to help protect your family from inappropriate websites.
• FBI – Parents Guide to Internet Safety: While on-line computer exploration opens a world of possibilities for children, expanding their horizons and exposing them to different cultures and ways of life, they can be exposed to dangers as they hit the road exploring the information highway.