The end of the school year is quickly approaching, along with all the exciting activities surrounding graduation. Listed below you will find important dates and year-end information for Seniors.
Friday, June 2 - Graduation Survey/Final Bills/Library Books Due – All final bills due to Heather Magoon in the U-32 Main Office. All library books need to be returned to the library and any outstanding library fines must be paid. Completion of Senior Survey in Naviance. Seniors owing money to U-32 will not be allowed to walk at graduation. Last day of regular classes for Seniors. All Senior grades due by 3:00 pm. Yearbooks distributed to students who purchased them.
Sunday, June 4 - Senior Awards Ceremony – This ceremony is for parents, family, and friends to celebrate Senior accomplishments. It will be held in the Auditorium at 3:00pm. Seniors will assemble in the Atrium at 2:30pm. Students should dress nicely. No tickets are required. There will be a dessert, coffee, and punch reception following the ceremony.
Monday, June 5 - Graduation Practice #1 - in the gym from 8:00-9:30 am then SCOP (Senior Community Outreach Project) U-32 Seniors are Offering a Day of Volunteer Service! For more information or to suggest a project, please contact our Student Council at email@example.com or leave a message with your information (email, phone, name, project, location) at our SCOP extension at U-32, (802) 229-0321 ext. 5991.
Tuesday, June 6 - Graduation Practice # 2 - in the gym from 9:45am- 11:00 am. Caps, Gowns, Tassels & Report Cards– will be handed out after graduation practice #2. Only students who have paid their final bills will receive their cap and gown. Students without a cap and gown will not be allowed to walk at graduation. This is an extremely important practice. Seating and diploma distribution order will be determined.
Tuesday, June 6 - Graduation Parade at 11am– Seniors will wear their caps & gowns for a Graduation Parade through the U-32 halls while faculty, staff & students cheer them on.
Wednesday, June 7 & Thursday, June 8 - Senior Trip – Great Escape / Rafting Permission slips are due Monday, May 1st, 2017. Any questions regarding the trip should be directed to Lisa LaPlante at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-229-0321 Ext. 5115. See payment schedule.
Friday, June 9 - U-32 Graduation! – held on the U-32 Main Field at 6:30 PM. Seniors report to the Atrium at 5:45 PM to assemble. Dress clothes are mandatory and caps and gowns must be worn to participate. In case of impending bad weather, a decision will be made by 1:00 PM Friday, June 9th whether to hold graduation outside or inside in the U-32 gym. That decision will be posted by 1:00 PM on the U-32 website and sent via phone and/or email messages to the U-32 community. No tickets are required for either outside or inside graduation. Handicap access: If you have a person with special needs attending graduation and need to arrange parking and seating, please contact Ann Wheelock at 802-229-0321, Ext. 5121 or email her at email@example.com.
If you have questions about any of these dates or events, please contact the Senior Class Advisor, Heather Clark-Warmer, at 802-229-0321 x5709 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa LaPlante, Director of Student Services, 802-229-0321 x5115 or email@example.com.
College Calendar and Checklist for Seniors
- May 1 - Deadline for notifying colleges of your decision.
- AP Exams are administered. Be sure to send the AP Grade Report to your college.
- Send thank-you notes to your teachers, coaches, TA, and anyone else who helped you along the way.
- Fill out housing preference forms and check out any special living centers
- Wait-listed students can expect more informatin about their status after May 1.
- Complete Graduation Survey on Family Connection
- If you plan to compete in Division I or Division II college sports, have your transcript sent to the NCAA Initial Eligibility Clearinghouse. MOre information is available at ncaaclearinghouse.net.
- June 10 - Graduation ... Congratulations!
- June 30 - Final deadline to submit FAFSA.
- Contact future roommates.
- Start browsing through the course catalog and student handbook. See if students at your school are on thefacebook.com.
- Go online and gather more information on your school. Get a jump on tickets for concerts, games and other events that are coming to campus.
- Go back-to-school shopping and don't forget dorm essentials.
- Open a new bank account.
- Sign up for a cellphone plan with free long distance minutes.
- Investigate health insurance options.
- Begin choosing classes.
- Start packing!
To Order the 2017 Yearbook send $25.00 to U-32, 930 Gallison Hill Road, Montpelier, VT 05602 c/o Pat Fair.