PreK Registration in Washington Central
We encourage all families to complete and submit their paperwork to their local elementary school. This is true for both families that would like to enroll their child in our public Pre-K program and families that would like to enroll their child in a private pre-qualified program per Act 166, Vermont's Universal Pre-K law. We encourage families to complete and submit their paperwork as soon as possible. Spots in our public Pre-K programs are limited and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
You may access the registration forms by either clicking on the documents above titled PreK Documents or contacting your local elementary school: Berlin, Calais, East Montpelier, Rumney (Middlesex), or Doty (Worcester).
If your 3 year old currently attends one of our public PreK programs and will be returning next year, please complete the Intent to Enroll Form and return to the Administrative Assistant at your school.
The required registration forms are linked above. Please note that the VT CDD health care provider form is required only for families who are enrolling their children in our public school program; private programs are responsible for acquiring this information for the children they serve.
1. If your child will be 5 on or before September 1, 2019, your child is NOT eligible for Act 166 tuition.
2. If you are enrolling in a private pre-k program via Act 166, you need to completely fill out the WCUUSD registration forms and submit to the school in the town that you reside, in addition to the Act 166 PreK Tuition Request/Intent to Enroll form.
3. If your child is currently enrolled in one of our public pre-k programs or a private pre-k program via Act 166 and you intend to enroll your child in pre-k for 2019-20 and there have been no changes in your address or contact information, you only need to complete and return the pre-k tuition request form.
4. If you are enrolling in a private pre-k program via Act 166, please note that we cannot enter an agreement with the provider for your child until ALL of your paperwork is on file in the local elementary school of the town in which you reside. Failure to ensure that all required paperwork is on file in a timely manner may result in withholding of any tuition discount.
5. If your child will be exiting either our public pre-k program or a private pre-k partner program before the end of the school year, please complete the Student Exit Form and return it to the administrative assistant at the school in your child's town of residence.