Pre-K registration will open online on March 8, 2021.
- If you child is already registered in Pre-K at Berlin, Calais, Doty, East Montpelier, or Rumney, you do not need to complete the registration process. If you are interested in Community Connections prorgamming before or after the school based program, please contact Kim Bolduc at firstname.lastname@example.org or (802) 223-7936 x 305.
- If you are registering your child for the first time, you must complete the entire online registration process before your child is considered enrolled for 2021-2022. Please click on the computer icon titled "Online Registration" located at the top right of our website. Please remember to download (either here or during the online registration process) the required Health Care Provider form and submit to your school's nurse if you are regisitering to attend one our schools Pre-K. It is important that we have this prior to the start of school.
- If your child was enrolled as a Pre-K student in 2020-2021 in a private program and you wish to continue in a private program, you only need to complete the 2021-2022 Act 166: Universal Prekindergarten Tuition Request Form. Please email it to Michelle Ksepka at WCUUSD Registrar or send them to your the elementary school in the town you live in.
- If you are a resident of Berlin, Calais, East Montpelier, Middlesex or Worcester and registering for public Pre-K in your local elementary school, please complete the online registration process by Friday, March 12 if possible. We will begin offering placements to students shortly thereafter. Pre-K placements are first-come-first-served and space is limited. If necessary, we will create a waitlist and will offer spots in our public Pre-K programs by random selection.
- If your student is currently attending the Prekindergarten program at Berlin, Calais, Doty, East Montpelier, or Rumney and intends to enroll in an ACT 166 private Prekindergarten program, you only need to complete the Act 166: Universal Prekindergarten Program Tuition Request Form and return it to the school or email it to WCUUSD Registrar.
- If you have a student already enrolled in our schools and need to enroll a sibling in Pre-K, you can do this through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal under “More” and “Online Registration”.
Please note that due to child care regulations, each prekindergarten student must have at least 2 emergency contacts that are not parent/guardians that can pick up the student from school. For returning prekindergarten students, you can update this information in the Infinite Campus Parent Portal under “More” and “Demographics”. You can add emergency contacts or update your information.
If you need help accessing the parent portal, please contact Michelle Ksepka at email@example.com.
- If you are not a resident of Berlin, Calais, East Montpelier, Middlesex or Worcester please note that we prioritize residents and will not be able to offer an out-of-district placements until until we are sure that we have served all district Pre-K families who would like to enroll.
- If you are a parent of a Pre-K student and you are registering for a private Pre-K program through Act 166, please note the following:
WCUUSD registration form:
-You must include at least two emergency contact who is not a parent or guardian.
-Pre-K 3 is for students who are 3-years-old on or before September 1, 2021. Pre-K 4 is for students who are 4- or 5-years old (5-years-old and not enrolled in Kindergarten) on or before September 1, 2021.
- Feel free to direct any questions about Pre-K registration and/or Act 166 to Kim Bolduc, Coordinator of Early Education and Expanded Learning Opportunities, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Community Connections is a licensed Pre-Kindergarten program that is open at each of the five local schools to help meet the needs of families during the work week so that your child(ren) ages 3-5 years old may attend the school preschool or have childcare that works for your family’s weekly schedule.
Community Connections has run programming for twenty (20) years and pre-Kindergarten eleven (11) of those years. Our staff is highly trained and we collaborate closely with the school staff to make Pre-K and all transitions a good experience for your child(ren).
We operate every day that the school based pre-k programs are open. Each school has a slightly different schedule constructed around the hours the school based programs operate, as well as established around the availability of space and staff. Most schools have a full day/full week option of childcare for families.
Please visit the Washington Central website (www.wcsu32.org ) for online Pre-Kindergarten Registration. I will be working with the district and schools to post the details for this fall through a link to Community Connections (CC) or to each school’s website for CC. That link will provide information that gives a complete schedule and cost for the services we provide. Examples of current costs and programming can be found in the links below or contact Kim.
Stay safe and be well. We look forward to seeing you and your child in the fall.
Kimberly J. L. Bolduc
Community Connections Director
802/223-7936 x305 office
Information regarding CC PreK at Berlin Elementary School
Information regarding CC PreK at Calais Elementary School
Information regarding CC PreK at Doty Elementary School
Information regarding CC PreK at East Montpelier Elementary School
Information regarding CC PreK at Rumney Memorial School
1. Whether you are enrolling in a private Pre-K program via Act 166 or in your local public school Pre-K program for the first time, you must complete the online registration process. (Click on the computer icon titled "Online Registration" located at the top right of our website.)
2. If your child is currently enrolled in one of our public Pre-K programs, you do not need to do anything.
3. If your child is currently enrolled in private Pre-K program via Act 166 and you completed the online enrollment last year, you only need to complete the Act 166: Universal Prekindergarten Tuition Request Form.
4. If your child is currently attending private Pre-K Program via Act 166 and you wish to enroll you student in the school Pre-K program, please complete the online registration. You do not need to resubmit residency or proof of age as that was submitted in the prior year.
5. If you are enrolling in a private Pre-K program via Act 166, please note that we cannot enter an agreement with the provider for your child until ALL of your required paperwork has been submitted online using the icon located at the top right of this website. Failure to ensure that all required paperwork is on file in a timely manner may result in withholding of any tuition discount.
4. If your child will be exiting either our public Pre-K program or a private Pre-K partner program before the end of the school year, please complete the Student Exit Form and return it to the administrative assistant at the school in your child's town of residence.