After-care Community Connections: All attendance at Community Connections programs must be scheduled and paid for in advance. Sign-up packets will go home three times per year.
- Morning Program: Runs from 7:30 am-8:45 am every day that school is in session. We require that all children be signed in with a parent/guardian signature. Please note that if school is delayed, the Morning Program is canceled.
- After School Program: Runs from 3:30 pm-5:30 pm every day except for half-days. On Wednesdays, the program starts at 3:00 pm. Children must be picked up by a parent/guardian or approved adult.
- A late fee will be charged if you are later than 5:30 pm multiple times. If a pattern of lateness emerges, a $20 fee will be applied.
- Our fee structure is a sliding scale of $12-17/day ($6-12/day for AM care). A Family Income Guideline has been included below to help you determine the amount to pay. It is a suggested guideline, and we ask you to indicate on the sign-up form the highest amount you can afford to help support the program and promote its sustainability.
- As always, alternative funding (state subsidies, reduced fees, volunteering in exchange for participation, etc.) is available if the cost is a concern (please talk to Kimberly Bolduc at email@example.com).
- Space is limited based on staff to child ratios, so your child may not be able to participate in all days they sign up for if the number of kids already registered fill all slots, so sign up soon.
- Payment is due at the beginning of each session unless payment arrangements are made.
- If a student misses a day without notice, there will not be a refund and the family will be charged for that day. If family schedules change a refund or credit is possible with 24 hours or more notice. That scheduled missed day can be credited towards a future day at Community Connections.
- Every afternoon starts with a healthy snack provided by us!
- All students should be prepared to spend time outdoors every day.
Community Connections weather policies for Rumney: This explains what to expect if the school is delayed, if there is an early dismissal, or if the school is canceled for a snow day.
- Delayed start - Morning CC is canceled.
- Early Dismissal - Afternoon CC is canceled.
- Snow Day - Morning and Afternoon CC are canceled.
- PreK CC is closed if the school is delayed or canceled.
Any paid session of CC that has been canceled will be credited towards a future date.
Chris Malone, Community Connections Site Coordinator
Suggested Family Income Guideline for Sliding Scale Placement
$17 per day/per child
$15 per day/per child
$13 per day/per child
$12 per day/per child
$10 per day/per child
$9 per day/per child
$7 per day/per child
$6 per day/per child
*Families at this level should explore whether they qualify for assistance through the Vermont Child Care Subsidy Program.